Venus Versa™ IPL treatments are proven, advanced skin care procedures. Published studies indicate that Venus Versa™ IPL treatments can significantly improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, pore size, textural irregularities, and vascular and pigmentation blemishes in over 80% of cases; clients report a noticeable improvement in the cosmetic appearance of their skin during and at the completion of their treatment program.
Venus Versa™ IPL treatments direct IPL energy to the skin in targeted treatment areas. This energy passes through the outer surface of the skin, called the epidermis, and penetrates into the lower layer of the skin, called the dermis. Once in the dermis, the IPL energy stimulates a cell called a fibroblast to produce new collagen. Over several treatments, this new collagen smoothens and softens the appearance of wrinkles, outsized pores, and textural irregularities. The treatment utilizes special filters to control the wavelength of the IPL energy to improve the appearance of rosacea, sun-damaged skin with pigmentation abnormalities, and vascular blemishes such as spider veins.
Venus Versa™ IPL treatments are simple office procedures performed by a physician and/or a trained clinical treatment provider. They require no needles, medications, or surgery. When delivering the IPL energy to the skin, it is important to cool the skin to avoid injury. A cooling crystal is integrated in the Venus Versa™ IPL applicator to assist with patient comfort and safety.
Following each Venus Versa™ IPL treatment, there may be a minor degree of redness and puffiness to the skin, with some tingling or discomfort that usually disappears in as little as 1 hour or up to 2 days. You may apply makeup immediately following treatment and can return to your regular daily activities with no downtime. A comprehensive skin care program will be recommended for you to use in conjunction with your Venus Versa™ IPL treatments. It is highly recommended you discuss a maintenance program with one of our licensed medical professionals and begin a home skin care program to prevent potential complications and to optimize and maintain the cosmetic improvements you obtain through your Venus Versa™ IPL treatments.
Before beginning a Venus Versa™ IPL treatment program, you must first attend an assessment and information consultation with a treatment professional, during which your skin type, facial cosmetic concerns, expectations, and goals will be assessed and discussed. The treatment professional will work with you to select the best treatment or combination of treatments for your skin type, facial cosmetic concerns, expectations, and aesthetic goals. The estimated duration and cost of each session or series of sessions will also be provided to you during this time. If you are a qualified candidate, you may schedule your Venus Versa™ IPL treatments and test spots at the time of this initial consultation.
POTENTIAL BENEFITS OF VENUS VERSA™ IPL TREATMENTS
The primary potential benefits are an improvement in the appearance of wrinkles, pore size, textural irregularities, acne scarring, and vascular and pigmentation blemishes as a result of aging or sun-damaged ski.
- All IPL applicators include innovative SmartPulse™ technology to ensure precise and consistent energy delivery through advanced pulse optimization
- Pulses of broad-spectrum light are selectively filtered and delivered into the skin, where it’s absorbed by target chromophores and transformed into therapeutic heat
- For photorejuvenation/photofacial, target chromophores are oxyhemoglobin for vascular lesions and melanin for pigmented lesions in the skin
- For hair removal, target chromophore is melanin in the hair shaft
- For dual-light acne treatment, blue light targets the porphyrin produced by Propionibacterium Acnes bacteria, leading to destruction of the bacteria, while the longer wavelength of red light controls inflammation and promotes faster healing
- Venus Versa™ IPL systems deliver 1.5 times more energy than the competitor in both the 515nm-600nm and 650-820nm therapeutic spectrums
- Real-time cooling system monitors the light guide temperature 1,000 times a second for unparalleled patient safety and comfort